Difference between revisions of "Sorry For Now"
|Line 74:||Line 74:|
Revision as of 03:04, 10 May 2017
|"Sorry For Now"|
|Song by Linkin Park from the album One More Light|
|Working title||Sorry For Now|
|Released||May 19, 2017|
|Producer||Mike Shinoda, Brad Delson, Blackbear, Andrew Goldstein, RAC, Emily Wright|
|Label||Warner Bros. Records|
"Sorry For Now" is the seventh track on One More Light. It was written in collaboration with Blackbear and Andrew Goldstein. The song is predominantly sung by Mike Shinoda with Chester Bennington doing rap vocals.
On June 3, 2016, Los Angeles singer/songwriter Blackbear tweeted he was in the studio with Linkin Park.
On August 5, Blackbear was back in the studio with Linkin Park and a new video (this time with sound) was posted showing Brad playing acoustic guitar. American singer-songwriter and record producer Andrew Goldstein was also in the studio with them. Mike wrote on his Instagram, "Making beautiful music with these gentlemen today." Blackbear later posted a video recorded at Linkin Park's studio on his Snapchat account in which a clip of a new song could be heard.
On September 21, someone from LPHQ posted a video on Instagram where a joint Linkin Park and Blackbear cap could be seen, indicating the two artists have been collaborating in more than just music. Printouts with Tohji Yamamoto's (Japanese designer) trademark were also visible.
On October 13, Andrew Goldstein and Blackbear were back to the studio with Linkin Park and a video of Brad recording guitars was posted on Mike's Snapchat story. According to Brad, the song has a really unique presentation of the guitar in a way they've never done before.
Mike Shinoda spoke about how the collaboration came together in interview to LPAssociation, "On Sorry For Now, I had a finished vocal and a rough track that the whole band liked, but we all thought the track could use some spice. We invited Blackbear and Andrew Goldstein in with me, Chester, and Brad, and we created this vocal sample drop together that took the song to a whole new level. It was really fun having people with different perspectives and talents in the room each time."
As for the idea behind the lyrics, he said, "It's a funny song. Like, Sorry For Now is the other one on the album that I sing, and what's kind of new for us and for people who love the song is that you don't usually get a song that's a little bit lighter. It's a little lighter, like it's not supposed to be so serious. The idea of the song is like, ok, you know, the kids are upset because you're going away and you say you're sorry but in your head you're kinda like 'eh, I'm kinda not sorry.' Like 'I'm sorry because you're little and you don't get it.' I'm doing something that's a huge blessing to be able to do that no people get to do this for a living. Like, we're just so lucky. Number two, it pays the bills and you get to live in a house and you get to have clothes, food, because I go to work. And number three, I like doing it. And you're little and you don't understand all these things, so I'm gonna tell you I'm sorry but the truth is like, you'll understand this later. When you're older you'll go 'wow, I'm sure glad that my dad is in Linkin Park. Because I get to go to, like, the concerts and, like, I can get, you know, free tickets to other shows. And I've got opportunities I wouldn't have otherwise. And, you know, they make great music and I'm proud of my dad and whatever.' Like, that part of it the little ones don't understand and they will later."
Note: Only the date of the very first release of each version is listed.
|Sorry For Now||One More Light||2016||May 19, 2017|
- Chester Bennington - Vocals
- Rob Bourdon - Drums
- Brad Delson - Guitar
- Joseph Hahn - Programming
- Phoenix - Bass
- Mike Shinoda - Keyboards, Programming, Vocals
- Produced by Mike Shinoda and Brad Delson
- Co-Produced by Andrew Goldstein and blackbear
- Additional Production by RAC
- Written by Mike Shinoda
- Vocal Production by Emily Wright
- Engineered by Mike Shinoda, Ethan Mates and Josh Newell
- Engineering Assisted by Alejandro Baima and Warren Willis
- Mixed by Serban Ghenea
- Mixing Engineered by John Hanes
- Technician: Jerry Johnson
- Linkin Park - Timeline, February 21, 2017
- blackbear no Twitter: "in studio with @linkinpark 👀 this gonna be crazy" ., June 03, 2016
- Linkin Park, August 05, 2016
- Andrew Goldstein on Instagram: “Goals today with @linkinpark and @iamblackbear”, August 05, 2016
- Mike Shinoda on Instagram: “Making beautiful music with these gentlemen today. @iamblackbear @andrewgoldstein”, August 05, 2016
- BlackBear snapchat - YouTube, August 23, 2016
- Linkin Park Coalition | VK, September 21, 2016
- instagram story - YouTube, September 22, 2016
- Andrew Goldstein on Instagram: “Back in the studio today with @linkinpark & @iamblackbear #guitartabs”, October 13, 2016
- Mike Shinoda snapchat story 13.10.16 [LPCoalition - YouTube], October 13, 2016
- Linkin Park’s Brad Delson talks One More Light: 'There really is a ton of guitar on this album' | MusicRadar, March 03, 2017
- LPAssociation Interview - Mike Shinoda Discusses New Linkin Park Album 'One More Light' | LP Association Forums, February 21, 2017
- Linkin Park im Interview: War es das letzte Album? - YouTube, April 12, 2017