|Song by Linkin Park|
|Released||December 12, 2008|
"Lockjaw" is an instrumental song created in 2008 by Mike Shinoda exclusively for Digidesign while reviewing their ProTools 8 software. Mike Shinoda wrote on his blog: "They let me borrow the new Protools 8, I made them a song, did and interview for their site, and spoke at their booth at NAMM."
On December 10, 2008, a video of Mike working on the song was posted in his blog. During the video, Rob Bourdon can be seen recording drums for the song. Mike said, "Thanks to DigiDesign, I got a chance to preview the new ProTools 8. I made a short new instrumental song on it. Here's a link to the video, which includes audio of the song."
After watching the video, fans started asking Mike to release the song, so he gave it to LPU members as an early Christmas gift on December 12, 2008. "As some of you may have seen on www.mikeshinoda.com, we're in the studio working on some new music. Recently, I took some time out to play around with the new ProTools 8 recording software. This is the track I came up with. I thought you guys might enjoy it...think of it as a holiday gift. Take care, and a have a happy new year."
On December 4, 2009, Mike wrote on his blog, "I don’t rant often, but this particular note deserves it. I’ll write this while the studio computer is restarting. Here’s the deal. I hope you guys at Digidesign are reading. ProTools is friggin crashing…every time I zoom in too far. What? I can’t zoom? The engineers and I have tried to hunt down the root of this problem (online) for a month. We haven’t come up with anything. We then called the Digidesign artist relations team, who have told us 3 times “OK, give us a time when you guys will be in the studio, and we’ll call you.” They flake. Every time. Ethan (our engineer) asked if we could call them. “No, because we need a tech on the phone…” And so on. To be fair, I know these guys are busy actually fixing this bug…but this is industry-standard software. Your average ProTools rig is about $30-50,000.00. I want to be able to, um…zoom. I hear that Logic and Cubase both zoom in. Even Garage Band zooms in, and that came free with my computer. And after I did lockjaw and helped them promote PT8…and the NAMM appearance…and tell everyone how awesome their stuff is, maybe they could at least give a fella a call back."
The song returned to the LP Underground in 2010 when it was added to the LPU Radio player.
In December 2019, Mike, Phoenix and Joe filmed promotional videos for the Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4-Door Coupés in Los Angeles. A total of four videos were uploaded by Mercedes-AMG and each individual band member to social media in February 2020, all of them featuring LP Underground music. The video posted by Joe used "Lockjaw".
Note: Only the date of the very first release of each version is listed.
|Lockjaw||2:29||December 2008||December 12, 2008||
- Mike Shinoda
- Rob Bourdon
- ProTools 8: Mike in the Studio « Mike Shinoda's Blog, December 10, 2008
- In Studio: March 2009 « Mike Shinoda's Blog, March 24, 2009
- Mike Shinoda: ProTools 8 - Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda in the Studio, December 10, 2008
- Response to Comments-LP Album « Mike Shinoda's Blog, November 24, 2009
- Lockjaw & RTR Streaming - Newswire - Linkin Park Live, December 22, 2008
- Digidesign / ProTools rant « Mike Shinoda's Blog, December 04, 2009
- "Lockjaw" added to LPU Radio - Everything Linkin Park - Linkin Park Live, March 06, 2010
- Mercedes Promo Video w/ Mike, Joe, & Phoenix - Newswire - Linkin Park Live, February 21, 2020
- Joe Hahn on Instagram: “Fun times with @m_shinoda and @phoenixlp while driving our GT 63 S 4-Door Coupés. Thank you @mercedesamg for the love and the grub #ad • •…”, February 25, 2020