I Drive Me Mad
|"i drive me mad"|
|Single by renforshort|
|from the album teenage angst EP|
|Released||June 26, 2020|
|Writer(s)||Jesse Fink, Lauren Isenberg, Jeff Hazin, Kellen Pomeranz|
|Producer(s)||Jeff Hazin, Pom Pom|
"I Drive Me Mad" (stylized as "i drive me mad") is the third track and third single on the Teenage Angst EP by Renforshort (stylized as renforshort). The song received a remix by Mike Shinoda and was set for release as a digital single on June 9, 2020. Despite the release being canceled, some digital stores had the remix available in the original date. The remix was officially released later that month on June 26th.
Lauren Isenberg, known professionally as Renforshort is a Canadian singer and songwriter from Toronto. Her debut extended play, Teenage Angst EP, was released on March 13, 2020.
About the track "I Drive Me Mad", she said, “I was in the studio and I got a really worrying phone call and I just freaked out and had a really bad panic attack. We had this producer and writer fly in from New York, and it was my last day in the studio, and I was like, 'I can't not write a song.' And we were like, ‘Let's write a song about this panic attack you just had, because it's so fresh.’ The whole track has the feeling of an anxiety attack: In the pre-chorus, it starts speeding up and your heart rate is speeding up as well, and then in the chorus, everything just crashes. And with the lyrics, I was just like, ‘What am I feeling right now? I feel like I'm hyperventilating.’ It was super easy to write, because it was something that was so fresh—I was still freaking out when I was writing the song. That was when I started feeling more comfortable writing about my personal experiences of mental health.”
Three different projects named "Drive Me Mad Remix", "Drive Me Mad Remix 2" and "Drive Me Mad Remix 3" were seen in Mike Shinoda's computer, among the recent files of Ableton, during his live stream on April 29, 2020. The original song was in Mike's *BREADCRUMBS Spotify playlist. The remix was accidentally released early by Napster and other retailers in early June, but was pulled.
The remix was later officially announced to be released on June 26, 2020.
Directed by Lebni Avitia
Note: Only the date of the very first release of each version is listed.
|i drive me mad||i drive me mad
teenage angst EP
|2:57||2020||February 27, 2020|
|i drive me mad (Mike Shinoda Mix)||i drive me mad (Mike Shinoda Mix)||2:44||2020||June 26, 2020||
- Written By Jesse Fink, renforshort, Jeff Hazin & Kellen Pomeranz
- Background Vocals: Jeff Hazin & Jesse Fink
- Bass: Jeff Hazin
- Guitar: Jeff Hazin & Pom Pom
- Percussion: Jeff Hazin
- Studio Personnel: Andrew Wuepper
- Mixed By Andrew Wuepper
I can't quite help it, it's overwhelming
- I Drive Me Mad (Official Video): YouTube
- teenage angst EP by renforshort on Apple Music, 2020
- Revisiting first few jams, answering questions! (Get your shinodabucks on Twitch) - YouTube, April 29, 2020
- "I Drive Me Mad" by renforshort (Mike Shinoda Mix) - Newswire - Linkin Park Live, June 11, 2020
- Ren on Twitter: "Friday @mikeshinoda, June 24, 2020
- LauREN on Instagram: “i drive me mad out everywhere! video out 12pm est!! :p”, February 27, 2020
- Rising Pop Singer Ren Releases 'I Drive Me Mad' Music Video | PEOPLE.com, February 28, 2020
- renforshort - i drive me mad (official video), February 27, 2020