Linkin Park - Demos From 02-2000
|Linkin Park - Demos From 02-2000|
|Demo album by Hybrid Theory|
|Label||Warner Bros. Records|
|Linkin Park demos chronology|
This CD was discovered almost 3 years after the 8-track demo CD was auctioned on eBay and is basically a copy of the aforementioned demo, excluding "She Couldn't". It is believed this was done due to legal problems surrounding the sample used in the song, as Mike Shinoda said that, for legal reasons, he couldn't talk much about "She Couldn't".
The band signed a record deal with Warner Bros. Records as Hybrid Theory in April 2000, but there was another band on the label called Hybrid and the label didn't want Hybrid Theory getting confused with them, so they had to change their name to Linkin Park and Hybrid Theory became the title of their debut album instead. The name was changed in May, which is when the linkinpark.com domain was registered.
The text on the CD indicates that the demos contained in it are dated from February 2000. The CD contains the same mixes as featured on the 8-track demo CD, but all the songs are completely without static.
|3||Points And Authority||2:49|
|6||Part Of Me||3:43|
- A copy of the CD was obtained by community member Ginger and made available for free download by fan site LPAssociation on May 20, 2012.
- AUDIO: Hybrid Theory 7-Track Sampler Disc (Demos From 02-2000) | LP Association Forums
- Response to comments: "She Couldn't," etc. « Mike Shinoda's Blog, July 03, 2009
- Signings-04-00.pdf, April 2000
- My Linkin Park "Decade List" « Mike Shinoda's Blog, January 02, 2010
- Linkinpark.com Whois Lookup - Who.is - Who.is