LP Underground 7
|LP Underground 7|
|Live album by Linkin Park|
|Released||December 5, 2007|
|Recorded||August 5 - August 29, 2007|
|Linkin Park Underground chronology|
LP Underground 7 is the seventh EP release from Linkin Park, as well as the seventh album released to their fanclub, the Linkin Park Underground (LPU). The EP features ten live recordings from the band's tour for Minutes To Midnight in 2007. It was released alongside the launch of LPU 7 on December 5, 2007, tying it with LP Underground 6.0 as the latest releases (into the year) among LPU releases.
Writing and Recording
The live performances found on this record are taken from several shows along the band's Projekt Revolution 2007 Tour. "No More Sorrow" and "In The End" come from the tour's stop in Toronto, Ontario. "What I've Done" is taken from the band's performance in Hartford, Connecticut. "One Step Closer" comes from the show in Syracuse, New York. "Given Up" is taken from the show in West Palm Beach, Florida. "Numb" was performed in Woodlands, Texas. Both "Crawling" and "Faint" are taken from the tour's stop in Holmdel, New Jersey. "The Little Things Give You Away" is taken from the show in Atlanta, Georgia, and "Bleed It Out" is taken from the stop in Raleigh, North Carolina.
The band was releasing DSPs (Digital Souvenir Packages) starting on this tour, meaning fans could buy and download audio recordings of the shows they attended a few days after the show. The mixes of these songs are the same mixes found on the DSPs for their respective shows, though with slight editing done (fade ins, fade outs, censoring, and so on).
A poll was held on the LP Underground website in late September for fans to pick their favorite songs from the Projekt Revolution Tour 2007. The tracklist of the CD is composed of the most voted songs.
The songs on this EP release are live, originally being released on Hybrid Theory, Meteora, and that year's latest release, Minutes To Midnight. Some of the performances features live-exclusive extended portions that aren't part of the studio versions: "No More Sorrow" features its long show-opener intro, "One Step Closer" features Gunshot Intro #1 that would open either the show or encore (it opened the encore in the performance it was taken from), "Numb" features a short portion of its piano outro (cut off by editing), "The Little Things Give You Away" features its piano intro, "Bleed It Out" features an extended intro, extended bridge featuring a sing-a-long and drum solo, and its Slow > Fast outro, and "Faint" features its extended outro.
There are a bunch of ad-lib moments included in the release, too, including Chester's short speech before "Crawling" and Mike's crowd interaction at the final chorus of "Bleed It Out". The EP is censored, so there are portions where the vocals or speaking are punched out.
|1||No More Sorrow (Live)||Linkin Park||5:14|
|2||What I've Done (Live)||Linkin Park||3:22|
|3||One Step Closer (Live)||Bennington Chester Charles, Bourdon Robert G, Delson Brad, Hahn Joseph, Shinoda Mike||3:42|
|4||Given Up (Live)||Linkin Park||3:10|
|5||Numb (Live)||Linkin Park||3:10|
|6||Crawling (Live)||Bennington, Bourdon, Delson, Hahn, Shinoda||3:47|
|7||The Little Things Give You Away (Live)||Linkin Park||7:21|
|8||In The End (Live)||Bennington, Bourdon, Delson, Hahn, Shinoda||3:43|
|9||Bleed It Out (Live)||Linkin Park||7:49|
|10||Faint (Live)||Linkin Park||4:33|
- Chester Bennington
- Rob Bourdon
- Brad Delson
- Joseph Hahn
- Mike Shinoda
- No More Sorrow and In The End were recorded live at the Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto, ON, Canada on August 21, 2007
- What I've Done was recorded live at the New England Dodge Music Center in Hartford, CT on August 26, 2007
- One Step Closer was recorded live at the New York State Fair in Syracuse, NY on August 28, 2007
- Given Up was recorded live at the Sound Advice Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach, FL on August 10, 2007
- Numb was recorded live at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands, TX on August 5, 2007
- Crawling and Faint were recorded live at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ on August 29, 2007
- The Little Things Give You Away was recorded live at the HiFi Buys Amphitheatre in Atlanta, GA on August 7, 2007
- Bleed It Out was recorded live at the Walnut Creek Amphitheater in Raleigh, NC on August 13, 2007
- All tracks recorded and mixed by Ken "Pooch" Van Druten and Dylan Ely
- All tracks mastered by Brian "Big Bass" Gardner
- LP Underground coordination: Jessica Bardas, Natalie So, Mona Kasim
- Production coordination: Ryan DeMarti and Natalie So
- Additional LPU thanks: Connie Tsang, Vicki Stepanenko, Bond Lengsfield, Amy Staupe
- Linkin Park worldwide representation: Rob McDermott for Mad Mac Entertainment
- Management team: Ryan DeMarti and Trish Evangelista
- LP Underground founded by Linkin Park and Jessica Bardas 2001
- Special thanks to Warner Bros. Records, Universal Music Publishing, the Linkin Park touring crew and especially you, the fans, who came to support Projekt Revolution 2007
- Art direction: BandMerch
- LPU 7 to Launch December 5th | LP Association Forums, November 28, 2007