|Song by Grey Daze from the album Wake Me|
"Holding You" is the seventh track on the album Wake Me.
"Holding You" is one of Grey Daze's earliest songs. The guitar parts were written by the band's first guitarist, Steve Mitchell, before they even had a vocalist.
On October 6, 1994, the very first day of working on Wake Me, the album's producer David Knauer recorded Grey Daze playing live in his studio to see what they had in store for their debut album. He recorded their performance straight to DAT tape and had Chester say the name of every song so it was documented on tape as well. "Holding You" was among the songs that made the album.
Under a new lineup consisting of Chester Bennington, Bobby Benish, Mace Beyers and Sean Dowdell, the band had their first pre-production sessions for their second studio album in February 1996 with David Knauer. There, they recorded a new version of "Holding You". The album, however, was shelved due to lack of funds to finish the studio time.
Note: Only the date of the very first release of each version is listed.
|Holding You||Wake Me||3:28||1994||1994|
|Holding You||"Wake Me" Pre-Production Live Session||3:36||October 06, 1994||
|Holding You||Album Pre-Production Live Session||February 18, 1996||
- Jason Barnes - Guitar
- Chester Bennington - Vocals
- Sean Dowdell - Drums
- Jonathan Krause - Bass
- Recorded and Mixed by: David Knauer
- Produced by: David Knauer and Grey Daze
- Mixed at Anthem Recording
- Assisted by: Billy Spoon and Dan Manriquez
- Mastered at - SAE by Roger Siedel
- Holding You: Grey Daze
- LPLive Wiki - Grey Daze Story, October 06, 2015
- Exclusive: "Wake Me" Pre-Production Live Session - Newswire - Linkin Park Live, October 31, 2015