Believe Me (Grey Daze song)
|Song by Grey Daze from the album Wake Me|
"Believe Me" is the ninth track on the album Wake Me.
The first known studio version of "Believe Me" was recorded sometime in June 1994 as part of a 6-track demo done at Teething Studios, Scott Crowley’s apartment studio. He was from a band called “Nihil”. Jonathan Krause said, "He had a digital recording studio. I thought the drums sounded cheesy they were way to electronic. But it was free so who's complaining?" Sean Dowdell adds, "It wasn't a studio. It was his apartment and he and I recorded it on a very small recording program on a computer. Home recording though, not studio."
On October 6, 1994, the very first day of working on Wake Me, the album's producer David Knauer recorded Grey Daze playing live in his studio to see what they had in store for their debut album. He recorded their performance straight to DAT tape and had Chester say the name of every song so it was documented on tape as well. "Believe Me" was among the songs that made the album.
Under a new lineup consisting of Chester Bennington, Bobby Benish, Mace Beyers and Sean Dowdell, the band had their first pre-production sessions for their second studio album in February 1996 with David Knauer. There, they recorded a new version of "Believe Me". The album, however, was shelved due to lack of funds to finish the studio time.
Note: Only the date of the very first release of each version is listed.
|Believe Me||Wake Me||3:19||1994||1994|
|Believe Me||Scott Crowley Sessions||3:19||June 1994||
|Believe Me||"Wake Me" Pre-Production Live Session||3:16||October 06, 1994||
|Believe Me||Album Pre-Production Live Session||February 18, 1996||
- Jason Barnes - Guitar
- Chester Bennington - Vocals
- Sean Dowdell - Drums
- Jonathan Krause - Bass
- Recorded and Mixed by: David Knauer
- Produced by: David Knauer and Grey Daze
- Mixed at Anthem Recording
- Assisted by: Billy Spoon and Dan Manriquez
- Mastered at - SAE by Roger Siedel
|Scott Crowley Demo Version|
- Exclusive: Grey Daze Demos, "Scott Crowley Sessions" - Newswire - Linkin Park Live, June 14, 2015
- Exclusive: "Wake Me" Pre-Production Live Session - Newswire - Linkin Park Live, October 31, 2015
- LPLive Wiki - Grey Daze Story, October 06, 2015