|Song by Grey Daze from the album ...No Sun Today|
|Released||May 23, 1997|
"Anything, Anything" is the tenth track on the album ...No Sun Today. The song was released as a radio single.
The song is a cover of Dramarama's "Anything, Anything (I'll Give You)" from the 1985 album Cinéma Vérité. Grey Daze's version was released as a radio single and received regular airplay on The Edge 106.3 during a Sunday night show that played music from local bands. The lyrics "When I was young I learned a game" were replaced by "When I was young I played a game".
Note: Only the date of the very first release of each version is listed.
|Anything, Anything||...No Sun Today||3:33||1996-1997||May 23, 1997||
|Anything, Anything||...No Sun Today||3:36||2002||
|Anything, Anything||"No Sun Today" Pre-Production Live Session||December 03, 1996||
Grey Daze began playing "Anything, Anything" live before the depature of Jonathan Krause and also performed it for a while after Chester Bennington and Mace Byers were replaced by Jodi Wendt and Dave Sardegna in 1998. When Sean and Chester formed Bucket Of Weenies in 2005, the song became part of their setlists and was performed until their final show in 2006.
Kerry Rose, their manager, mentioned one concert in particular which was memorable for him: "We did a small tour into Southern California, including a fantastic show at the Whiskey a Go Go on the Sunset Strip.[...] It's a fantastic - very famous venue, and they have a killer sound system. There was 3-400 people at the show and they really got into the band. When they did "Anything, Anything", the place went nuts. The sound guy thought it was better than the original version. I just remember it being a particularly good show."
- Guitar: Bobby Benish
- Vocals: Chester Bennington
- Bass: Mace Beyers
- Drums / Backing vocals: Sean Dowdell
- This record was recorded and mixed at the Conservatory of Recording Arts & Sciences, Tempe, AZ (602) 858-9400
- Produced by Michael Jones and Grey Daze
- Engineered by Michael Jones and Ghery Fimbres
- Assisted by Kelly "????" Gabler
- Mastered by Andrew Garver at A&M Mastering Studios, Hollywood, CA
Okay, what is it tonight?
- Grey Daze - Anything, Anything (1997-05-23 Tempe, AZ): Grey Daze
- Bucket Of Weenies - Anything, Anything (Club Tattoo 11th Anniversary 2006): Club Tattoo
- Championship Vinyl: Monday Morning Shuffle, November 27, 2006
- LPLive Wiki - Grey Daze Story, October 06, 2015
- LINKIN PARK ASSOCIATION CHAT WITH FORMER GREY DAZE DRUMMER SEAN DOWDELL APRIL 15, 2003 @ 8:00 PM, April 15, 2003