|Song by Grey Daze from the album Wake Me|
"Spin" is the second track on the album Wake Me.
On October 6, 1994, the very first day of working on Wake Me, the album's producer David Knauer recorded Grey Daze playing live in his studio to see what they had in store for their debut album. He recorded their performance straight to DAT tape and had Chester say the name of every song so it was documented on tape as well. "Spin" was among the songs that made the album.
Under a new lineup consisting of Chester Bennington, Bobby Benish, Mace Beyers and Sean Dowdell, the band had their first pre-production sessions for their second studio album in February 1996 with David Knauer. There, they recorded a new version of "Spin". The album, however, was shelved due to lack of funds to finish the studio time.
Note: Only the date of the very first release of each version is listed.
|Spin||"Wake Me" Pre-Production Live Session||2:44||October 06, 1994||
|Spin||Album Pre-Production Live Session||February 18, 1996||
"Spin" was debuted live in 1994 and, according to Jonathan Krause, it was a crowd favorite during his time with the band.
- Jason Barnes - Guitar
- Chester Bennington - Vocals
- Sean Dowdell - Drums
- Jonathan Krause - Bass
- Recorded and Mixed by: David Knauer
- Produced by: David Knauer and Grey Daze
- Mixed at Anthem Recording
- Assisted by: Billy Spoon and Dan Manriquez
- Mastered at - SAE by Roger Siedel
I want to pick up the pieces, so that
- Spin: Grey Daze
- Exclusive: "Wake Me" Pre-Production Live Session - Newswire - Linkin Park Live, October 31, 2015
- LPLive Wiki - Grey Daze Story, October 06, 2015