Slow Ya Roll
|"Slow Ya Roll"|
|Song by Young Buck from the album Buck The World|
|Released||March 27, 2007|
|Format||Digital, CD, Vinyl|
|Writer||David Brown, Martin McKinney, Sid Melo|
|Producer||Doc McKinney, Gramps|
|Label||Ca$hville Records, G-Unit Records, Interscope Records|
"Slow Ya Roll" is the seventh track on the album Buck The World by Young Buck. It features vocals by Chester Bennington.
Young Buck's sophomore album was originally due in late November 2006 but just a few weeks before the planned release date, Buck told Billboard.com the album might get delayed: "[It] being such a good album, I want the best exposure from the company. I need the whole, total push from the label, so I want to make sure [G-Unit parent] Interscope is fully aware of the project I have. When everything is feeling right, then I'll release it. If it ain't feeling right, it won't get [released on] Nov. 28. We'll be looking after Jan. 1st."
While talking to Hot 97 on January 25, 2007, Young Buck revealed he would be working with a Linkin Park member for his next album, Buck The World (a play on the expression, "F*ck the world"), which at the time was scheduled to be released on March 20th of that year.
It is unknown when exactly the collaboration took place but since the track wasn't part of the leaked version of Buck The World, it's possible that it was added very late to the album.
The press release of the album, published on February 6, revealed the Linkin Park member to be Chester Bennington: "I think I created a masterpiece here. You know you have to reinvent yourself every time you come out. I put my heart in it and I think my fans are gonna love it. I even did a song with Chester Bennington from Linkin Park. I'm telling you this album is crazy."
In mid-February 2007, Young Buck said, "I got a record with Chester Bennington titled "Slow Your Roll." It will probably be my third single. It's probably the realest record I ever wrote in my life, every word, every rhyme, every lyric when you hear it it's true and I guarantee you will lose your breath."
Before the release of the album, on March 19, Young Buck sat down with MTV for a track by track commentary. About "Slow Ya Roll", he said: "That’s one of my favorite records on the album. I’m definitely trying to make that my third record. Everything that you hear on every verse on that record is the truth. … That’s why I wanna make a video for that record. … I became a fan of Linkin Park from touring overseas, ’cause they’re big over there. So when I heard Chester’s voice, I was like, ’Damn, I could hear his voice on this song.’ And I happened to be in the studio, thinking out loud and the engineer was like, ’I did a lot of their records,’ and said, ’Let me see what I can do.’"
Buck The World finally came out on March 27, 2007.
Despite Young Buck's wishes, the music video of "Slow Ya Roll" never materialized.
Note: Only the date of the very first release of each version is listed.
|Slow Ya Roll||Buck The World||3:43||2006–2007||March 27, 2007||
|Slow Ya Roll||Buck The World (Clean)||3:43||March 27, 2007||
- Vocals - Young Buck
- Featuring – Chester Bennington
- Producer, Programmed By, Performer [All Instruments] – Doc, Gramps
- Vocals [Additional] – Res
- Written-By – David Brown (Young Buck), Martin McKinney (Doc), Sid Melo
- Executive-Producer – 50 Cent, Sha Money XL
- Mastered By – Brian "Big Bass" Gardner
- Mixed By – Steve Baughman
- Recorded By – Pat Viala
Heyyyy! I gotta slow down
Chester Bennington, Ryu, Young Buck and Cheapshot at the MTV VMA's 2005 Party in Miami
- Young Buck Ready To Pick Up Where 50 Leaves Off | Billboard, October 13, 2006
- lpfuse - dedicated to linkin park and machine shop recordings, January 25, 2007
- Young Buck Takes On The World - IGN, February 07, 2007
- New Young Buck Album Penciled In For March | Billboard, February 07, 2007
- LPFuse: Slow Your Roll, February 17, 2007
- Track By Track: Young Buck Says G-Unit Are Alive And Well On World - MTV, March 19, 2007
- Young Buck - Buck The World - Amazon.com Music
- Photos from ryan maginn (sobryu) on Myspace