Prove You Wrong
|"Prove You Wrong"|
|Song by Mike Shinoda from the album Post Traumatic (Special Edition)|
|Released||December 7, 2018|
|Label||Warner Bros. Records|
At the show on March 5th, 2019 in Hannover, Germany, Mike said, "I put this song out on Spotify, Apple, and all of that stuff very very recently. It was one of the songs that I had written while I was writing Post Traumatic that I didn't feel like had a place on the record. And then I put it on the vinyl. And then everybody complained that it was only on the vinyl. So I put it on the streaming services, so I just put it up on all of those so you can check it out."
When introducing the song on March 15th, 2019 in Padua, Italy, Mike said, "Yeah, I don't have anything else to say about it."
On November 20th, 2018, Warner Records announced that Post Traumatic would be re-released as a 2 LP color vinyl, featuring two new songs - "Prove You Wrong" and "What The Words Meant" for $44.98. The two tracks would come on a 10" bonus vinyl.
At the March 6th, 2019 show in Oberhausen, Germany, Mike said, "I put out a vinyl version of Post Traumatic. And I included two new songs on it. And then everyone who didn't have a record player was like, "Mike I don't have a record player, how can I listen to these songs?" And so we ended up putting them up on Spotify and Apple and all of that."
On April 19th, 2019, fans Inca Schulz and Sky Buerhaus released a fan lyric video for "Prove You Wrong", saying, "This project involved 70 people. 70 faces you may have seen at a show of his. People from all around the world: Bolivia, Ecuador, Saudi Arabia, Brazil, USA, Italy, Germany, etc - and we’re all connected by music. By the thing that is the #LPFamily. And boy, how much we’ve grown in the last years!" In response to the video, Mike tweeted later that morning, "I was in the studio all morning, just saw this amazing surprise the fans made! Thank you"
|1||Prove You Wrong||Mike Shinoda||3:35|
|2||What The Words Meant||Shinoda||3:33|
Note: Only the date of the very first release of each version is listed.
|Prove You Wrong||Post Traumatic (Special Edition) Vinyl
Post Traumatic (Deluxe Version) Digital
|3:35||2017-2018||December 7, 2018|
"Prove You Wrong" was added on the fly to the set at the Bremen, Germany show on March 3rd, 2019 after Mike saw a sign in the front row asking for "Prove You Wrong" to be played.
Mike noticed someone in the crowd with a sign after "It's Goin' Down" (not on the setlist), walked up to the edge of the stage and said, "This guy wants to know if I will play "Prove You Wrong." He then addressed the audience, "Alright you guys, somebody put up a... we have a "Prove You Wrong" song. I mean we are just fucking learning this song, we literally like don't know how to play it. I will fuck up a lot of words. It's going to be a mess. He wants to do it, alright we'll do it. World premiere." After the song, Mike said, "Thank you for holding up that sign and inspiring us to get over our like, our little fright about doing it for the first time."
It became a regular addition to the setlist from that point forward through the end of the touring cycle.
- Produced, Mixed, Vocals, Written by Mike Shinoda
- Mastered by Brian "Big Bass" Gardner
Welcome to the breakdown
- https://lplive.net/shows/mikeshinoda19/20190305 2019.03.05 Hannover, Germany
- https://youtu.be/ksRh_GxkkTY "Prove You Wrong" (Live in Padua)"
- https://lplive.net/forums/topic/13625-post-traumatic-color-vinyl-2-new-songs/ LPLive: Post Traumatic Color Vinyl + 2 New Songs
- https://www.facebook.com/lplive/posts/good-news-the-posttraumatic-special-edition-vinyl-tracks-prove-you-wrong-and-wha/612884445791345/ LPLive: Facebook
- https://twitter.com/lplive/status/1098941468893421568 LPLive: Twitter
- https://twitter.com/mikeshinoda/status/1098243843516841986?lang=en Mike Shinoda: Twitter
- https://youtu.be/yDSbFUZP2Y4 YouTube: "Prove You Wrong" (Live in Oberhausen)
- https://youtu.be/v0_8i8Zyg7U "Prove You Wrong" (Fan Lyric Video)
- https://twitter.com/mikeshinoda/status/1119335796085886976?lang=en Mike Shinoda: Twitter