|Song by Mike Shinoda from the album Post Traumatic EP|
|Released||January 25, 2018|
|Label||Warner Bros. Records|
"Over Again" is the second song on Mike Shinoda's debut EP Post Traumatic.
"Over Again" describes Mike's experience of playing the Hollywood Bowl on honor of Chester Bennington on October 27, 2017. The first verse was written on the day of the show and the second verse the day after. The car horn in the beginning was actually audible on the microphone when Mike was trying to record the song, which he said was "super annoying".
The music videos on the Post Traumatic EP are described as "cinéma vérité", shot in a way that doesn't obscure the fact that they're real life. Mike says he wanted to shoot a video while feeling something. He explained, "Grief is so personal, and I thought that a D.I.Y., autobiographical format made the most sense. So I shot & edited everything in the videos myself. I‘m planning to continue doing it this way until it doesn’t feel right anymore, or until the work becomes too much."
The music video for "Over Again" was recorded simultaneously with the conception of its two verses, the first being recorded on the day of the Hollywood Bowl show and the second the day after.
Note: Only the date of the very first release of each version is listed.
|Over Again||Post Traumatic EP||3:50||2017||January 25, 2018|
|Over Again||Post Traumatic EP (Clean)||3:50||2017||January 25, 2018||
|Over Again (Instrumental) (73 BPM)||Post Traumatic EP - Acapellas & Instrumentals||3:50||2017||February 15, 2018||
|Over Again (Acapella)||Post Traumatic EP - Acapellas & Instrumentals||3:38||2017||February 15, 2018||
- Written and produced by Mike Shinoda
- Vocals by Mike Shinoda
- Mixed by Manny Marroquin
- Mastered by Michelle Mancini
Sometimes / sometimes you don’t say goodbye once
- Over Again (Official Video): YouTube
- Mike Shinoda on Twitter: "(1/2) On this project, I’m trying to work “in the moment.” I record a vocal or shoot a video while I’m feeling something. For example, I wrote and recorded verse one of “over again” on the day of the Bowl show, and did verse two the day after. #PostTraumatic" ., January 25, 2018
- Mike Shinoda on Twitter: "My friend said the videos are “cinema verite.” Shot in a way that doesn’t obscure the fact that they’re real life. The music is that way too. The car horn was audible on the mic when I was trying to record, which was super annoying. #PostTraumatic… https://t.co/fTsDurQOqk" ., January 25, 2018
- Mike Shinoda on Twitter: "Grief is so personal, and I thought that a D.I.Y., autobiographical format made the most sense. So I shot & edited everything in the videos myself. I‘m planning to continue doing it this way until it doesn’t feel right anymore, or until the work becomes too much. #PostTraumatic… https://t.co/6o8xU8KTZL" ., January 25, 2018