Nobody Can Save Me
|"Nobody Can Save Me"|
|Song by Linkin Park from the album One More Light|
|Working title||Nobody Can Save Me J Green 2|
|Released||May 19, 2017|
|Live debut||June 12, 2017|
|Last played||October 27, 2017|
|Writer||Mike Shinoda, Brad Delson, Jon Green|
|Producer||Mike Shinoda, Brad Delson, Jon Green, Andrew Bolooki|
|Label||Warner Bros. Records|
"Nobody Can Save Me" is the first track on One More Light. The song is described as a glitch, representing (as the album opener) a rebirth in the band's career. The band feels that "Nobody Can Save Me" is one of the foundational songs of the album, starting an emotional arc.
On January 14, 2016, Gabriela Velichkova, a Southampton Solent University student, posted a picture of her with Jon Green on Twitter with the caption "Just met Jon Green! Working on new stuff with @linkinpark at the moment. Can't wait to hear the final project! ^_^"
Jon Green is the singer of the English band The Bonfires. Both bands were at the Larrabee Studios in November 2015.
On February 24, 2016, a live feed from the studio was made through Linkin Park's official Facebook page showing Brad Delson, Jon Green, and Mike Shinoda working on lyrics for a new song.
On April 7, 2016, Ethan Mates posted a picture of his computer on Facebook showing a folder called "LP Album 7 Main". Inside the folder, there was a file named "Nobody Can Save Me J Green 2". The image was apparently posted by mistake, because it was immediately removed. On the 28th of that month, Joe Hahn posted on his Instagram account a picture of Jon Green with a songboard behind him, indicating he was back at Linkin Park's studio. The picture was immediately removed from his account and The Bonfires later uploaded a blurred version of the picture to their account.
Mike Shinoda went on to say Jon Green really related well with Chester.
Before playing the song live in Kraków on June 15, 2017, Mike said, "So we have a new album out, it is called One More Light. And as we are making an album, there are always certain songs that stand out to each of us and to help define the course of the record. And to me, this was always one song, that I felt like, that I really wanted to save and I didn't want people to hear until they heard the whole album. And that's why we put it first on the record. This is actually, this is only the second time we've ever played it too. So you guys get a.. you're the second crowd, so.... this one is called Nobody Can Save Me."
Note: Only the date of the very first release of each version is listed.
|Nobody Can Save Me||One More Light||3:45||2016||May 19, 2017|
|Nobody Can Save Me||One More Light Instrumentals||3:46||2016||
|Nobody Can Save Me||One More Light Live||3:59||June 15, 2017||December 15, 2017|
While rehearsing for the One More Light European Tour, Mike Shinoda posted a photo on Instagram with the caption "Playing and singing a new one. This one is kinda challenging; I didn't play and sing the parts at the same time in the studio. Have to practice it over and over until muscle memory takes over ha" Fans first thought the song was Sorry For Now, but he later replied to the comments saying "It's not Sorry For Now." The song later wound up being "Nobody Can Save Me".
"Nobody Can Save Me" got its live debut at the Berlin stop on the One More Light European Tour, replacing "Battle Symphony". The two songs would rotate every show that the full setlist was played. At the band's special "One More Night in London" show, Jon Green, who helped writing the song, came out to play guitar on the song. At the show dedicated to the late Chester Bennington, "Nobody Can Save Me" was played with both Jon Green and Steven McKellar from Civil Twilight. This performance also had an extended intro with Green playing guitar and Green, McKellar, and Mike Shinoda singing the chorus of the song. This version was also played a half step lower than the album version.
Last Updated: October 29, 2017
|Type||Description||First Played||Last Played|
|Intro||Chorus Sung Over Guitar Melody||October 27, 2017||October 27, 2017|
|Alternative||Half Step Down||October 27, 2017||October 27, 2017|
Last Updated: October 29, 2017
- Jon Green (The Bonfires)
- Steven McKellar (Civil Twilight)
- Chester Bennington - Vocals
- Rob Bourdon - Drums, Background Vocals
- Brad Delson - Guitar, Background Vocals
- Joseph Hahn - Programming, Background Vocals
- Phoenix - Bass, Background Vocals
- Mike Shinoda - Keyboards, Programming, Vocals
- Additional guitar, background vocals and bass by Jon Green
- Written by Mike Shinoda, Brad Delson and Jon Green
- Produced by Mike Shinoda and Brad Delson
- Addtional production by Jon Green
- Vocal production by Andrew Bolooki
- Music performed by Linkin Park
- Vocals by Chester Bennington and Mike Shinoda
- Chester's vocals recorded at The Pool Recording Studio, London, UK
- Mike's vocals recorded at The Warehouse Studio, Vancouver, CA
- Music recorded at Larrabee Studios, North Hollywood, CA and Sphere Studios, North Hollywood, CA
- Engineered by Ethan Mates, Mike Shinoda and Josh Newell
- Assistant engineer: Alejandro Baima
- Studio B assistant engineer: Warren Willis
- Studio drum tech: Jerry Johnson
- Mixed by Serban Ghenea at Mixstar Studios, Virginia Beach, VA
- Engineered for mix by John Hanes
I'm dancing with my demons
- Nobody Can Save Me (Official Audio): LPTV
- Linkin Park: Pop will eat itself | Upset, April 14, 2017
- Linkin Park - One More Light - Global Album Listening Party - YouTube, March 19, 2017
- Gabriela Velichkova no Twitter: "Just met Jon Green! Working on new stuff with @linkinpark at the moment. Can't wait to hear the final project! ^_^ https://t.co/CAeo3FjKmJ" ., January 14, 2016
- Linkin Park, February 24, 2016
- @thebonfires on Instagram: “Initial concern that the session was going off course..before realising they were taking note of guitar settings. Professionalism so... Great to be back in with @linkinpark & their crew Photo cred @mrjoehahn”, April 28, 2016
- Linkin Park - Timeline, November 14, 2016
- Linkin Park - Nobody Can Save Me [Live @ Tauron Arena | Krakow 2017 - YouTube], June 18, 2017
- Mike Shinoda on Instagram: "Playing and singing a new one. This one is kinda challenging; I didn't play and sing the parts at the same time in the studio. Have to...", June 02, 2017