|Song by Linkin Park from the album Reanimation|
|Released||July 30, 2002|
|Writer||Brad Delson, Chester Bennington, Kelli Dayton Joseph Hahn, Mickey Petralia, Mike Shinoda, Rob Bourdon|
Mickey Petralia Remix
On a January 11, 2002 linkinpark.com chat, Mike Shinoda was questioned if there would be a remix of "My December" on Reanimation. He said: "yes. a guy named mickey p and i are working on it this week i want it to sound like bjork good question. i hope it comes out as good as the rest of them have"
The remix was created by Mickey Petralia and Michael Fitzpatrick. Both also handled the programming. Keyboards were recorded by Mickey Petralia and Greg Kurstin. The track also features additional vocals by Kelli Ali of Sneaker Pimps.
The remix can be heard during the Frat Party At The Pankake Festival documentary.
DJ Crook Remix
Another remix of "My December" was made by DJ Crook of Team Sleep. He explained, "They contacted me about doing a remix shortly after the white pony album dropped and gave me a list of songs to choose from...I chose My December. They sent me a CD with acapella and I basically did it in my room." His remix was rumored to have been "too dark" to make the album. This information was published by LPFuse in 2004. He commented, "Yeah that was probably it. It was a lil dark...slow...electronic-y, but still low fi sounding. I think mostly all the other remixes were real fast or 'dancey' if I remember correctly I dunno" DJ Shadow is also rumored to be featured on the song with his scratching.
A post by Astat on LPAssociation in 2006 says, "It's supposed to be a really dark and moody techno/ambience remix of My December done by Team Sleep and featuring scratches by the legendary DJ Shadow, but that's about all anyone knows about it. I don't think being too "dark" for the album is the sole reason though, if Mike saw it as not album-worthy and then never released it but did put out 2 other Reanimation b-sides, chances are it may not have been a very good remix in the first place."
When asked through Twitter in September 2013 about the possibility of the remix being released someday, DJ Crook answered "probably never..sorry!"
The music video for "My<Dsmbr" was directed by Chip Miller for MTV2's "MTV:Playback".
MTV: Playback was originally aired on July 27, 2002 at 2:00pm, with a rerun on July 28, 2002 at 8:00pm.
Note: Only the date of the very first release of each version is listed.
|My<Dsmbr||Reanimation||4:17||2002||July 30, 2002||
- Michael Fitzpatrick - programming, interpretation
- Kelli Ali - vocals
- Greg Kurstin - keyboards
- Mickey Petralia - keyboards, programming, producer, interpretation
- Mike Shinoda - producer
- Mark "Spike" Stent - mixing
- David Treahearn - mixing assistant
- Paul "P-Dub" Walton - ProTools enginer
- Brian "Big Bass" Gardner - mastering, digital editing
- Nancie Stern - sample clearance
This is my December
- ↑ Jan.11_2002chat, January 11, 2002
- ↑ Linkin Park Master Reanimation But Kant Spell - MTV, June 20, 2002
- ↑ Team Sleep's First Show / Update / Phal Bee - deftones SACTO,CA, December 09, 2001
- ↑ Linkin Park's Magic Mix, January 01, 2002
- ↑ Hybrid Origins: A Look Back At The Early Days - Linkin Park Live, July 8, 2021
- ↑ My December team sleep remix? | LP Association Forums, January 04, 2006
- ↑ Team Sleep's 'My December' Remix - Newswire - Linkin Park Live, September 09 2013
- ↑ 𝗙𝗮𝗯𝗶𝗼 on Twitter: "@CrookOne Hi! I was wondering if there's any chance to ear the old 2002 My December remix by Team Sleep :)" / Twitter, September 06, 2013
- ↑ General Reanimation Video Info
- ↑ Linkin Park: Reanimation - Latest News, July 14, 2002