Mark The Graves
|"Mark The Graves"|
|Song by Linkin Park from the album The Hunting Party|
|Recorded||2013 - 2014|
|Key||E Minor / E Major|
|Producer||Brad Delson, Mike Shinoda|
"Mark The Graves" was one of the earliest demos for The Hunting Party, along with "Guilty All The Same". Mike Shinoda also initially wanted the track to open the album, but was not chosen for the role. All of the drums on the song were also tracked to tape, rather than digitally, like the band usually does. Rob Bourdon also played on a more unique drum set, with tambourines duct taped upright on the snares.
The song ends with a short musical interlude that transitions directly into the next song, "Drawbar".
On December 24, 2014, several members from the Linkin Park Association community teamed up to release a remix album of The Hunting Party titled Viscera. The album was later released to the LP Underground on June 18, 2015 after the band received the full rights to distribute the album. The remix of "Mark The Graves", which was used to close the album, was done by Xefuzion. The instrumental version of the remix was released February 28, 2015.
Note: Only the date of the very first release of each version is listed.
|Mark The Graves||The Hunting Party||5:05||2013-2014||June 13, 2014|
|Mark The Graves (Instrumental)||The Hunting Party: Acapellas + Instrumentals||5:02||2013-2014||August 12, 2014||
|Mark The Graves (Acapella)||The Hunting Party: Acapellas + Instrumentals||5:05||2013-2014||August 12, 2014||
|Mark The Graves: Xefuzion||Viscera||7:39||2014||December 24, 2014||
|Mark The Graves: Xefuzion (Instrumental)||Viscera (Instrumentals)||7:39||2014||February 28, 2015||
Sometime before the European summer tour in 2014, "Mark The Graves", along with the rest of The Hunting Party, was rehearsed. However, the band never ended up playing it.
Linkin Park is
- Chester Bennington
- Rob Bourdon
- Brad Delson
- Joe Hahn
- Mike Shinoda
- Produced by Mike Shinoda and Brad Delson
- Lyrics & Vocals by Mike Shionda and Chester Bennington
- Background Vocals by Brad Delson, Joe Hahn, Rob Bourdon, and Phoenix
- Additional Lyrics by Brad Delson
- Engineering by Ethan Mates and Mike Shinoda
- Digital editing by Josh Newell
- Assistant Engineer: Alejandro Baima
- Additional Assistant Engineers: Brendan Dekora and Jennifer Langdon
- Studio Electro Tech: Warren Willis
- Studio Drum Tech: Jerry Johnson
- Album Production Coordination: Ryan DeMarti
- Recorded at Larrabee Sound Studios, North Hollywood, CA
- Additional Recording at EastWest Studios and Glenwood Place Studios
- Mixed by Andy Wallace
- Pro Tools Engineered by Paul Suarez
- Assisted by Del Bowers
- Mastered by Emily Lazar at The Lodge
- Assisted by Rich Morales