LP Underground XIV
|LP Underground XIV|
|Compilation album by Linkin Park|
|Released||November 21, 2014|
|Linkin Park Underground chronology|
LP Underground XIV is the fifteenth CD released by Linkin Park for their fanclub, the LP Underground. It was released on November 21, 2014 to coincide with the release of LPU XIV. The album contains ten demos spanning the Meteora sessions to the early A Thousand Suns sessions.
Writing and Recording
An early demo of "Breaking The Habit", with Mike Shinoda singing instead of Chester Bennington, can be found on the CD, in addition to "Rhinocerous", an instrumental demo from the Meteora recording sessions. "After Canada" and "Heartburn" were both recorded during the Minutes To Midnight sessions, and "Aubrey One", "Malathion+Tritonus", "Berlin One, Version C", "Blanka", and "Froctagon" all being demos from the early A Thousand Suns writing sessions. "Dave SBeat" is a cookie song, akin to tracks found on Sweet Hamster Like Jewels From America!, created in 2009.
The ten tracks on the album reveal some of the early inspirations for albums released by Linkin Park, most interestingly revealing that, at first, A Thousand Suns was going to be a much heavier, more guitar-driven album. The majority of songs on the CD are instrumentals, with only the demo of "Breaking The Habit" and the cookie track "Dave SBeat" containing any vocals.
|1||Aubrey One (2009 Demo)||Linkin Park||3:52|
|2||Malathion+Tritonus (2008 Berlin Demo)||Linkin Park||5:18|
|3||Berlin One, Version C (2009 Demo)||Linkin Park||2:50|
|4||Blanka (2008 Demo)||Linkin Park||2:33|
|5||Heartburn (2007 Demo)||Linkin Park||1:46|
|6||Breaking The Habit (Original Mike 2002 Demo)||Linkin Park||3:20|
|7||Dave SBeat feat. Joe (2009)||Linkin Park||0:42|
|8||Froctagon (2009 Demo)||Linkin Park||3:40|
|9||Rhinocerous (2002 Demo)||Linkin Park||3:36|
|10||After Canada (2005 Demo)||Linkin Park||4:14|
- Chester Bennington
- Rob Bourdon
- Brad Delson
- Joseph Hahn
- Mike Shinoda
- Mike Shionda: mixing
- Brian "Big Bass" Gardner: mastering
- Jessica Sklar, Lorenzo Errico, Lulit Solomon: LP Underground coordination
- The Collective - Michael Green, Jordan Berliant, Ryan DeMarti, Trish Evangelista, Kavi Halemane: worldwide representation
- James Jean: artwork
- Rickey Kim: creative direction
- Annie Nguyen: art direction
- Some of the demos on the CD were named after the places they were recorded.
- The correct spelling of the word "Rhinocerous" is actually "Rhinoceros". It's unknown if this was a pressing mistake or if the spelling on the album was intentional.