LP Underground 12
|LP Underground 12|
|Compilation album by Linkin Park|
|Released||November 16, 2012|
|Linkin Park Underground chronology|
LP Underground 12 is the thirteenth CD released by Linkin Park for their fanclub, the LP Underground. It was released on November 16, 2012 to coincide with the release of LPU 12. The album contains ten demos ranging from the pre-Hybrid Theory recording sessions to as recent as the Minutes To Midnight recording sessions.
Writing and Recording
The ten tracks on the CD range from several of the band's recording cycles: demos of "Points Of Authority" and "Forgotten" from the Hybrid Theory recording sessions, "Pepper" and "Ominous" from the Meteora sessions, "Homecoming", "Clarity", "Asbestos", "Bunker", and "Debris" from the Minutes To Midnight sessions, and "So Far Away" from the pre-Hybrid Theory sessions.
All of demos on the album provide an insight to how the band recorded each album; for example, all of the Minutes To Midnight tracks sound vastly different from each other. "Homecoming" has a very upbeat and ballad-y sound to it, while "Asbestos" is heavy and hardhitting, akin to "Given Up". Several of the tracks on the album are purely instrumental, namely the Meteora tracks and some of the Minutes To Midnight tracks.
|1||Homecoming (Minutes To Midnight Demo)||Linkin Park||3:08|
|2||Points Of Authority (Demo)||Linkin Park||3:05|
|3||Clarity (Minutes To Midnight Demo)||Linkin Park||3:05|
|4||Asbestos (Minutes To Midnight Demo)||Linkin Park||1:55|
|5||Bunker (Minutes To Midnight Demo)||Linkin Park||3:56|
|6||So Far Away (Unreleased 1998)||Linkin Park||2:53|
|7||Pepper (Meteora Demo)||Linkin Park||2:56|
|8||Debris (Minutes To Midnight Demo)||Linkin Park||3:24|
|9||Ominous (Meteora Demo)||Linkin Park||3:08|
|10||Forgotten (Demo)||Linkin Park, Mark Wakefield||3:45|
- Chester Bennington
- Rob Bourdon
- Brad Delson
- Joseph Hahn
- Mike Shinoda
- All songs written by Linkin Park
- "Forgotten" written in conjunction with Mark Wakefield
- Mastered by: Mike Bozzi at Bernie Grundman Mastering
- LP Underground coordination: Jessica Sklar, Adam Ruehmer, Tiffanie Hauger
- Linkin Park worldwide representation: The Collective
- Management team: Michael Green, Jordan Berliant, Ryan DeMarti
- LP Underground founded by Linkin Park and Jessica Sklar 2001
- Art direction and design: Frank Maddocks
- Images: Brandon Parvini at Ghost Town Media
Internal CD. Photo by Adam Ruehmer
- The demo of "Forgotten" had already been online for years, and can be found on the Hybrid Theory 9-Track Demo released by LPFuse under the name "Rhinestone". This was the only time a previously leaked demo was included in an LPU CD.
- "So Far Away" is one of the oldest tracks released on an LPU Album - other pre-Hybrid Theory tracks released on the CDs include "Reading My Eyes" and "Slip".
- The dating of 1998 for "So Far Away" has led to arguments on when Chester joined the band, as it contradicted previous interviews where the band claimed Chester joined in 1999. This discussion led to Mike's infamous quote "Contrary to popular belief, none of us actually know what we're talking about. FYI"