|Single by Mike Shinoda|
|from the album The Blackout|
|Released||November 1, 2019|
|Label||Warner Bros. Records|
"Fine" (stylized "fine"; all lower case) is a single by Mike Shinoda. The song was released at midnight on November 1st, 2019 in each individual country and is part of the soundtrack for a Russian sci-fi movie called The Blackout which premiered in theaters across Russia on November 21 and in Germany, Austria, and the Baltic States on November 28.
The title was discovered on BMI in late October 2019 and the artwork was discovered by fans a couple days before the release. Mike Shinoda said "Fine" is a song "which was written and composed for the movie The Blackout which you guys will know as Avanpost. They sent me a clip of the film early on and I just kinda fell in love with the set up and the story inspired some cool ideas for the song and that's where Fine came out of. Thank you guys very much for your support of it and me. Hope to see you soon." He added on Twitter, "No guests on #fine - just layers of my vocal. I played all the instruments, wrote, produced, and mixed the track" The track was inspired by Nine Inch Nails, Gesaffelstein, Depeche Mode and Aphex Twin. As for the lyrics, he said, "Sometimes the film can really inspire a song, other times the song comes first. In this case, these lyrics were pretty intuitive, not super literal. I liked the idea that you hear “everything is going to be fine,” and you don’t know whether to believe the words or not. There’s a creepiness about that idea and I loved developing the song from that point of view."
The Blackout is the first film in a dilogy in the fantasy thriller genre created by TV-3's studio, 1-2-3 Production. The script was written by Ilya Kulikov (Chernobyl), Zona Otchuzhdeniya (Chernobyl, Estranged Zone), Zakon Kamennyh Djunglei (Rules of the Stone Jungle), Politseyskys Rublyovki (Policeman From Rublyovka) and others. Both films were directed by Yegor Baranov (Gogol film franchise), while TV-3’s director Valery Fyodorovich and the channel's chief producer Yevgeny Nikishov stepped up as the film's producers. Aleksey Chadov, Pyotr Fyodorov and Lukerya Ilyashenko play the lead roles in The Blackout.
Vladimir Permyakov, producer of the movie, said, "Mike Shinoda, a world-class musical star, watched the materials of our film and then agreed to write a song in which, with the talent and scale characteristic of a great musician, conveyed the atmosphere of the post-apocalypse “Outpost.” We hope that “fine” will appeal to many Mike fans in Russia and will arouse interest in watching our picture in the cinema." An extended 4-minute trailer was created especially for the track and premiered at KinoPoisk on November 1st.
Note: Only the date of the very first release of each version is listed.
|Fine||Fine||3:34||2019||November 1, 2019|
Mike posted a photo on his social media on October 30th with the date 11.01.19. A second post with a snippet of a song was done later that day. Mike made an announcement on October 31st at 9pm (PST) when the song was released worldwide.
- Producer - Mike Shinoda
- Background Vocals - Mike Shinoda
- Drum Programmer - Mike Shinoda
- Drums - Mike Shinoda
- Guitar - Mike Shinoda
- Keyboards - Mike Shinoda
- Lead Vocals - Mike Shinoda
- Masterer - Brian "Big Bass" Gardner
- Mixer - Mike Shinoda
- Piano - Mike Shinoda
- Recorded By - Mike Shinoda
- Samples Programmer - Mike Shinoda
- Writer - Mike Shinoda
Tell all the children to lock those doors
- Mike Shinoda on Twitter: "My new song “fine” was written for the movie The Blackout, out in theaters across Russia on Nov. 21 and in Germany, Austria, and the Baltic States on Nov. 28. https://t.co/2feYYJdzAF" ., November 01, 2019
- "Fine" New Mike Shinoda Song? - Newswire - Linkin Park Live, October 22, 2019
- Майк Шинода о фильме АВАНПОСТ (2019) и своей новой песне fine - YouTube, November 01, 2019
- Mike Shinoda on Twitter: "No guests on #fine - just layers of my vocal. I played all the instruments, wrote, produced, and mixed the track —> https://t.co/2kvohnPjTr… https://t.co/jbxkikuLvq" ., November 02, 2019
- [AltWire Interview Mike Shinoda on 'Fine': "I’ve Been Playing With a Lot of Different Sounds Lately..." - AltWire], November 13, 2019
- Soundtrack to TV-3’s new film Avanpost among winners at Global Music Awards in USA, December 10, 2018
- Премьера на КиноПоиске: Трейлер фильма «Аванпост» с музыкой Майка Шиноды — Новости на КиноПоиске, November 01, 2019
- Mike Shinoda on Twitter: "11.01.19… " ., October 30, 2019
- Mike Shinoda on Twitter: "fine /// 11.01.19… " ., October 30, 2019
- Mike Shinoda on Twitter: "Tell all the children to lock those doors I’ve seen the smoke in the sky before Gotta be up on my feet When the morning comes ‘Cause this fight you can’t ignore Everything is gonna be fine. fine. https://t.co/2kvohnPjTr… https://t.co/CDFIKfZkf1" ., October 31, 2019