|Song by Linkin Park from the album The Hunting Party|
|Tempo||135, 115 (Outro)|
|Key||E Major, E Minor (Outro)|
|Producer||Brad Delson, Mike Shinoda|
In November of 2013, Linkin Park brought in Tom Morello of Rage Against The Machine and Audioslave fame for a jam session. They did a few songs together, but wound up going with the softer, more melodic idea. Morello actually used his custom "Arm The Homeless" guitar on the song. The beginning of the song actually includes everyone messing around to get their general levels before they actually start jamming. After the jam, the band tried to throw vocals over the track, but found that they just did not work, so they left the song as an instrumental. Mike Shinoda also went on to discuss how foreign of an idea it was to just jam out rather than pre-plan the music before recording it.
The ending of the song is nothing but piano, and borrows the chord progression from the next song, "Final Masquerade", providing a cleaner transition between the two songs.
On December 24, 2014, several members from the Linkin Park Association community teamed up to release a remix album of The Hunting Party titled Viscera. The album was later released to the LP Underground on June 18, 2015 after the band received the full rights to distribute the album. The remix of "Drawbar", which was used to open the album, was done by Lizzi Cloverman. The instrumental version of the remix was released February 28, 2015.
Note: Only the date of the very first release of each version is listed.
|Drawbar (feat. Tom Morello)||The Hunting Party||2:47||2013-2014||June 13, 2014||
|Drawbar (Instrumental)||The Hunting Party: Acapellas + Instrumentals||3:11||2013-2014||August 12, 2014||
|Drawbar: Lizzi Cloverman||Viscera||4:09||2014||December 24, 2014||
Sometime before the European summer tour in 2014, "Drawbar", along with the rest of The Hunting Party, was rehearsed. However, the band never ended up playing it.
Linkin Park is
- Chester Bennington
- Rob Bourdon
- Brad Delson
- Joe Hahn
- Mike Shinoda
- Produced by Mike Shinoda and Brad Delson
- Lyrics & Vocals by Mike Shionda and Chester Bennington
- Background Vocals by Brad Delson, Joe Hahn, Rob Bourdon, and Phoenix
- Additional Lyrics by Brad Delson
- Engineering by Ethan Mates and Mike Shinoda
- Digital editing by Josh Newell
- Assistant Engineer: Alejandro Baima
- Additional Assistant Engineers: Brendan Dekora and Jennifer Langdon
- Studio Electro Tech: Warren Willis
- Studio Drum Tech: Jerry Johnson
- Album Production Coordination: Ryan DeMarti
- Recorded at Larrabee Sound Studios, North Hollywood, CA
- Additional Recording at EastWest Studios and Glenwood Place Studios
- Mixed by Andy Wallace
- Pro Tools Engineered by Paul Suarez
- Assisted by Del Bowers
- Mastered by Emily Lazar at The Lodge
- Assisted by Rich Morales
- Additional Guitar by Tom Morello