|Song by Grey Daze|
|Recorded||October 06, 1994|
"Commit" was a song created during the sessions that led to the recording of Grey Daze's first studio album, Wake Me. It was considered for inclusion on both of Grey Daze's studio albums but was eventually left out of both.
On October 6, 1994, the very first day of working on Wake Me, the album's producer David Knauer recorded Grey Daze playing live in his studio to see what they had in store for their debut album. He recorded their performance straight to DAT tape and had Chester say the name of every song so it was documented on tape as well. "Commit" was among the songs that didn't make the album.
Under a new lineup consisting of Chester Bennington, Bobby Benish, Mace Beyers and Sean Dowdell, the band had their first pre-production sessions for their second studio album in February 1996 with David Knauer. There, they recorded a new version of "Commit". The album, however, was shelved due to lack of funds to finish the studio time.
Note: Only the date of the very first release of each version is listed.
|Commit||"Wake Me" Pre-Production Live Session||3:30||October 06, 1994||
|Commit||Album Pre-Production Live Session||February 18, 1996||
"Commit" was debuted live in 1994. It is unknown for how long the song was played.
- Jason Barnes - Guitar
- Chester Bennington - Vocals
- Sean Dowdell - Drums
- Jonathan Krause - Bass
I'm wasting my time
- Commit (Rally Kaps 94): YouTube
- Grey Daze - Grey Daze story by Jonathan Krause, 2006
- Exclusive: Grey Daze - Live in Phoenix 1994.09.xx - Newswire - Linkin Park Live, June 06, 2015
- Exclusive: "Wake Me" Pre-Production Live Session - Newswire - Linkin Park Live, October 31, 2015
- LPLive Wiki - Grey Daze Story, October 06, 2015