Carry Me Away
|"Carry Me Away"|
|Song by Cypress Hill from the album Rise Up|
|Released||April 13, 2010|
|Format||Digital, CD, Vinyl|
|Writer||Freeze Louis M, Johnson Antonio, Reyes Senen, Shinoda Mike|
|Label||Priority Records, Capitol Records|
Cypress Hill started to work on their eighth studio album in 2005 but only entered studio in 2008.
On October 2, 2008, Billboard published an article on which Sen Dog says the band had finished 30 songs for the album, among them, a collaboration with Mike Shinoda.
On December 17, 2008, Mike Shinoda posted on his blog a video about producing a new Cypress Hill song where he also talked about how he first heard of the group: "Back in 1991, I saw Cypress Hill’s “How I Could Just Kill A Man” on YO! MTV Raps, and was instantly hooked. I asked for the CD for Xmas, but my mom saw the song titles (“Pigs,” “Hole In The Head,” “Light Another”) and decided that I shouldn’t be listening to lyrics like those."
About the song, he said: "It’s a slightly darker, laid-back track, but has a great vibe."
Another Billboard article from February 27, 2009, revealed the album was on mixing stage.
On December 09, 2009, Mike was questioned during a LP Underground chat about his recent collaborations. He said: "Collabos - I just did a song for Cypress Hill that might end up on their new album, coming soon. I sang on it and did the beat (no rapping!)"
On April 7, 2010, Mike Shinoda was questioned during a LP Underground chat about a leaked Cypress Hill song called called "Carry Me Away" for which he was credited. He said: "Oh yeah, so that song is real. I worked on it with them a long time ago. It was one of the first songs done for the album."
Later that same day, he made a post on his personal blog about the track: "Some of you have started hearing the leak of my new track with Cypress Hill, “Carry Me Away.” Lots of good reviews, which is always nice. I met the guys sometime around the year they joined us for the Projekt Revolution Tour. I’ve been a fan of Cypress since their first album (which I had to sneak out to buy because my mom wouldn’t let me listen to songs with titles like “How I Could Just Kill A Man,” “Pigs,” and “Hole In The Head.” For our collaboration, I sang the chorus and produced the music (no samples–all original instruments, BTW), and they did the verses. Look for more updates about the song and their album here: http://cypresshill.com"
Originally scheduled to be released on March 23, 2010 (exactly six years since the release of their last album), Rise Up was postponed to April 6, then again to April 20, 2010.
Note: Only the date of the very first release of each version is listed.
|Carry Me Away||Rise Up||4:07||2008||April 13, 2010||
|Carry Me Away||Rise Up (Clean)||4:07||2008||April 13, 2010||
- Vocals, Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – Mike Shinoda
- Louis Freese (B-Real) – vocals, Executive Producer
- Senen Reyes (Sen Dog) – vocals
- Eric Correa (Eric Bobo) – drums
- Scratches [Additional] – Julio G
- Scratches [Additional], Programmed By [Additional Programming] – Jay Turner
- Lawrence Muggerud (DJ Muggs) – executive producer
- Recorded By – Jay Turner
- Mastered By – Brian "Big Bass" Gardner
I was an outcast, outsider. / Trouble maker;
- Cypress Hill Jams With Slash, Tom Morello | Billboard, October 02, 2008
- Producing a New Cypress Hill Song « Mike Shinoda's Blog, December 17, 2008
- Cypress Hill Coming Back With New Album, Label | Billboard, February 27, 2009
- LPU9TranscriptMike, December 09, 2009
- Mike Shinoda on the LPU chat 4/7/10 - Newswire - Linkin Park Live, April 07, 2010
- Carry Me Away (Cypress Hill feat. M. Shinoda) « Mike Shinoda's Blog, April 07, 2010
- Cypress Hill: Rise & Shine, 2010