|Song by Linkin Park from the album One More Light|
|Working title||Battle Tymp Ony|
|Released||March 17, 2017|
March 27, 2017 (Stripped Down)|
May 6, 2017 (Full Band)
April 3, 2017 (Stripped Down)|
October 27, 2017 (Full Band)
|Writer||Mike Shinoda, Brad Delson, Jon Green|
|Producer||Mike Shinoda, Brad Delson, Andrew Bolooki|
|Label||Warner Bros. Records|
"Battle Symphony" is the fourth track on One More Light. It was leaked on March 13, 2017, four days before its official release for fans who pre-ordered the album. The lyrics were premiered on March 14 through Genius. The song was written by Mike, Brad, and Jon Green, who also helped writing the album opener, "Nobody Can Save Me".
The title "Battle Symphony" was first seen in a picture posted on Joe Hahn's Instagram story on September 6, 2016 of Brad playing acoustic guitar with the band's song board behind him. The song is about things falling apart and putting it back together.
On Instagram, Jon Green wrote, "Still assuming they meant to hit up the other Jon Green, who by the way is total quality. Total honour to have a couple of tunes on this record & to have got in the room with such a genuine & brilliant bunch of guys. Congrats @linkinpark all their team and all involved."
On January 12, Melissa Fox, a photographer from Moscow, Russia who was temporarily working in Los Angeles, ran into Linkin Park and confirmed that they were shooting a music video at the 4th Street Bridge. BMX rider Alfredo Mancuso also ran into the band that same day and borrowed his drone to the band so they could shoot some footage with it.
The "Battle Symphony" lyric video was released on March 17, 2017 (along with the official release of the song) and is a compilation of a lot of things, including the drone footage. It was directed by Rafael Pérez C. (also known as Rafatoon), a Filmmaker / Motion Graphic Artist from Bogota, Colombia who works for the production company Dreambear. On Instagram, he said the video was his acting debut and expressed his happiness for working on a video for such an emotional song for a band he enjoyed since he was a kid.
Artist Name: Linkin Park
Note: Only the date of the very first release of each version is listed.
|Battle Symphony||One More Light||3:36||2016||March 17, 2017|
|Battle Symphony (Instrumental)||Battle Symphony (Radio Promo)
One More Light Instrumentals
|Battle Symphony||One More Light Live||3:45||July 6, 2017||December 15, 2017|
Mike and Chester debuted "Battle Symphony" in the form of a piano version at their promo appearance in Paris, France in March 2017. The full band version of the song debuted at the first show of the One More Light World Tour in Buenos Aires, following "Lost In The Echo". The song was frequently plagued with technical difficulties, with the intro frequently being messed up. Starting with the band's stop in Berlin, "Battle Symphony" was rotated with "Nobody Can Save Me" when the full version of the setlist was played. It was dropped from the festival sets on the One More Light European Tour. Jon Green came out for the song at the memorial show for Chester Bennington, playing guitar and singing lead vocals. At this show, the intro was restarted after Joe messed it up, with Mike claiming "Chester would not have this shit".
Last Updated: March 30, 2017
|Type||Description||First Played||Last Played|
|Alternative||Piano Version (Piano/Vocals Only)||March 27, 2017||March 27, 2017|
- Jon Green (The Bonfires)
- Chester Bennington - Vocals
- Rob Bourdon - Drums
- Brad Delson - Guitar
- Joseph Hahn - Programming
- Phoenix - Bass
- Mike Shinoda - Keyboards, Programming, Vocals
- Written by Mike Shinoda, Brad Delson and Jon Green
- Produced by Mike Shinoda and Brad Delson
- Vocal production by Andrew Bolooki
- Music performed by Linkin Park
- Vocals by Chester Bennington and Mike Shinoda
- Chester's vocals recorded at The Pool Recording Studio, London, UK
- Mike's vocals recorded at The Warehouse Studio, Vancouver, CA
- Music recorded at Larrabee Studios, North Hollywood, CA and Sphere Studios, North Hollywood, CA
- Engineered by Ethan Mates, Mike Shinoda and Josh Newell
- Assistant engineer: Alejandro Baima
- Studio B assistant engineer: Warren Willis
- Studio drum tech: Jerry Johnson
- Mixed by Manny Marooquin at Larrabee Studios, North Hollywood, CA
- Mix engineer: Chris Galland assisted by Jeff Jackson and Robin Florent
I got a long way to go
In Other Media
- "Battle Symphony" is featured in the 2017 videogame Pro Evolution Soccer 2018.
- Jam Session - “Battle Symphony” by Linkin Park
- “Battle Symphony” – Best of Phantom Opening Week 2017 Playoffs
- Best of the NBA’s 2nd Round in Phantom - “Battle Symphony by Linkin Park”
- Linkin Park Premieres The Lyrics To New Song "Battle Symphony" | Genius, March 14, 2017
- LP7 New Album Updates - Page 7 - Everything Linkin Park - Linkin Park Live - Page 7, September 07, 2016
- LPAssociation on Twitter: ".@ChesterBe "Battle Symphony is about things falling apart and putting it back together, so we did that for the song too" 😂 https://t.co/9rWBT8hVCa" ., April 03, 2017
- Jon Green (@thebonfires) on Instagram: “Still assuming they meant to hit up the other Jon Green, who by the way is total quality. Total…”, May 19, 2017
- Melissa_Fox on Instagram: "Guess who? @linkinpark began making a new music video 🙌🏻 #USA #LosAngeles #linkinpark", January 12, 2017
- WE'RE GOING TO BE FAMOUS! - YouTube, January 13, 2017
- RAFATOON — Dreambear
- Rafael Perez (@rafatoon) on Instagram: “Mi debut actoral 🤘🏾. @linkinpark - Battle Symphony directed by @rafatoon #linkinpark #lyrics #video…”, March 19, 2017
- Rafael Perez (@rafatoon) no Instagram: “Disfrutar del trabajo, soñar y vivir para eso. Hoy les presento un video que me hace feliz, por la…”, March 17, 2017
- Linkin Park - Battle Symphony (Official Lyric Video) on Vimeo, March 19, 2017
- Linkin Park - Battle Symphony (2017) | IMVDb